Monday, August 6, 2007

The Way Colin Powell Sees It

I stopped at Starbucks this morning. This isn't a typical morning routine for me, but I do enjoy the occasional tall, decaf, no foam, soy latte. (Not to digress, but how many descriptive attributes does one beverage need?)

Since I possess an affinity for children, and have a job that emphasizes the importance of small electronic devices, the following statement, by Colin Powell, which was printed on my to go cup, captured my attention.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, dads, grannies, and grandpas, aunts, uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next generation their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams."

No comments: